Soul Survivor Watford is part of the K & JM Morgan Trust. Registered charity no 287472
Data Protection Statement
Soul Survivor Watford will securely store your data and use only for Soul Survivor Watford ministry and mission. We'll periodically let you know about information and events and all that is happening in the life of our church family.
Your details will only be used by Soul Survivor Watford and not disclosed to third parties.
You can opt-out of SSW communications at any time - just let us know by contacting email@example.com or log into soulsurvivorwatford.churchsuite.co.uk or unsubscribe via the relevant email/SMS.
When you provide personal data to Soul Survivor Watford (SSW) you are trusting us with your information. We understand that this is a big responsibility and we have built this policy as we recognise the right of people to keep their personal information private.
This policy explains how SSW and their website comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
There are governing principles that must be followed in relation to the processing of data about individuals including that data be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully
- Obtained for one or more specific purposes
- Relevant and necessary
- Accurate and up to date
- Kept no longer than needed
- Processed in accordance with individual's rights
- Protected and kept securely
- Not transferred to places without adequate data protection rules
By providing your personal details you agree to allow SSW to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message in connection with its charitable purposes either on the basis of the consents you have given us or for our legitimate interests in accordance with current data protection regulations.
How we collect information about you
Soul Survivor Watford (SSW) collect personal information each time you are in contact with us whether this is electronically, by paper, in person, over the phone, or on arrival at an event. For example, when you:
- Visit our website
- Complete our ‘Get Connected’ Form which signs you up to our churchsuite database
- Sign up to join a Connect Group which signs you up to our churchsuite database
- Sign up to serve on team or to find out about serving on team
- Register for a church event or conference
- Check your kids into Soul Kids or a children’s event
- Make a donation by completion of Gift Envelopes, via our website, churchsuite or by electronic means
- Provide your contact details, in writing or orally, to SSW staff or volunteers
- Communicate with SSW by means such as email, letter, telephone
- When you attend SSW services or participate in other SSW activities
- Purchase goods or services, including when you provide credit or debit card details
- Face to face meetings with staff and volunteers
- Access social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram
Why we hold data about you
- General administration of the church, e.g. pastoral care, preparation of rotas, recording attendance, maintaining financial records of giving for audit and tax purposes;
- Contacting you to keep you informed of church-related activities and events;
- Statistical analysis; to monitor trends in attendance at services, small groups and courses to help us be more responsive to the needs of the church.
How we use your information
Generally, we will only use your personal information as follows:
- To keep you informed by email and/or text as to SSW church services, events, activities, conferences and fundraising projects.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of our employees, volunteers and church family
- To establish and maintain your involvement with SSW
- To record and acknowledge any donations
- To answer an enquiry or request for further information about Soul Survivor Watford, its services, activities and events
- To assist us to make SSW sites, services and products more valuable to our church family including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purpose
- To keep you informed of new developments within the life of the church
- To improve our general ability to assist Church family and the wider community
- To enable the Pastors and staff of the Church to personally and directly communicate with you
Your details will only be used by Soul Survivor Watford and will not be disclosed to third parties for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
What data do we hold, where do we store your data, who sees it?
We are committed to holding your personal information securely. Only SSW staff and authorised volunteers that need to see the data can access it.
We may store your information on computers (on hard drives, or use cloud-based storage), in paper form, or both.
- All computers that store any personal data are password protected. Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises in locked cupboards and filing cabinets.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018).
- Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site or Churchsuite app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, SSW cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data and take security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent, with the following exceptions:
- We do not intend to store or currently store financial details (credit or debit card numbers) obtained through online transactions. We do not store details online nor do we pass any information to third parties, except where we are legally required to do so, to assist fraud reduction, or to provide a service requested and minimise credit risks.
- If you are a SSW employee or volunteer, we may also hold certain categories of sensitive information such as personal financial details, age, gender, marital status, date of birth, full employment and educational history, references, medical and criminal records. If you consider yourself a member of SSW, you may have signed up for a ChurchSuite account and you will have therefore given us some of your personal information, such as name, address, date of birth, contact details and areas of the church and its events that you are interested in hearing more about.
- Sensitive Personal Information: SSW may collect and store sensitive personal information such as health information, religious information (church or event registration or attendance). Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. It is never sold, given away, or otherwise shared with anyone, unless required, by law.
- Your information will be held only for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
Keeping details up to date
Please tell us as soon as any of your contact details change so that we can keep our records up to date.
You can change the way we contact you, or the kind of material we send you, at any time by contacting us by post, or email using the contact details below.
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails or texts at any time by using the 'unsubscribe' or 'change preferences' links on the email or texts you have received.
If you register with SSW Mychurchsuite (https://soulsurvivorwatford.churchsuite.co.uk/) then you can personally log-on to your account and update your contact details.
Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that SSW holds about you by contacting FAO: the SSW Data Protection Officer, contact details below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. SSW will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable. (We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.)
Please let us know if you leave SSW and are no longer interested in our information and we will remove you from our database.
Soul Survivor Watford operates a main website, and occasionally associated sub-sites. Information that you provide through the websites may be recorded in different ways, and this policy describes Soul Survivor Watford's policy for handling that.
By using this website you agree to this policy.
The information you provide is intended to be used in the context of the website and the activities Soul Survivor Watford undertakes, and it’s not intended to be used outside that context.
Information collected when using our website
Where a registration facility is available, your details will be recorded and used to identify you in order to provide appropriate access to resources.
Other data may also be recorded (comments, contact information), which will be used in the context of the associated application.
The Internet works by sending information between servers and clients (eg browsers) identified with ‘IP Addresses’. The IP addresses are logged together with time, page requested and browser type as part of the site’s normal operation, and are used to record general activity on the site. No direct personal information is stored.
All data is stored in the UK (except for a Twitter guest cookie and as mentioned in Google Analytics below, and email list subscription and management information - which is stored in the US).
The website uses Google Analytics to determine how the site is used. Here is Google’s description of the privacy aspect of that:
Our website or email correspondence may sometimes include links to other websites. Links provided by SSW are for your convenience to provide further information. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
SSW uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and YouTube. Users must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
Our website may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing our web content directly to a social media, platform. Use of such buttons is at your own risk.
Unless it is material supplied or officially posted by SSW we do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content nor for the cookies they may contain.
SSW does not ask for passwords nor personal details on social media.
Any documents or files made available to download from our website are provided at users own risk.
Changes to this policy
Telephone 01923 204200
Post: 5-7 Greycaine Road, Watford, Herts, WD24 7GP
Soul Survivor Watford is part of the K & JM Morgan Trust. Registered charity no 287472
Last Updated: 16th May 2018